Long long time ago on your PC…
you created an ugly application using Windows Forms. Probably even not one:) I did exactly same. I have a lot of such applications, most of them nobody will never use. Exactly most, but what about some?
Few days a go my friend ask me, if we can “renew” our old application, because he would like to show it. When he opened it:
- it was working - good
- it is still useful - very good
- it is 100% old/ugly/etc. - not good at all
What can we do?
- Nothing - easiest way :), but we are both web developers. In modern webpage we just apply bootstrap and we have nice look&feel
- We can buy Telerik/DevExpress/ComponentOne/etc. - but it is expensive. Our application was for free. The cheapest components box, I founded was for 200$ and it was still ugly. Nice one was from 800$. For showing a free application it is too much
- Convert it to WPF or other. Almost same problem as with above point. Instead money we need to “pay” with time
From above only “1” is acceptable :(
YES there is a fourth option. You old ugly windows form application can look like following:
To see all features watch:
So we can bring new Modern UI alias Metro UI of Windows 8 to .NET Windows Forms - hurray. Just visit http://viperneo.github.io/winforms-modernui/